Moulin Rouge revolutionized live entertainment in Paris with the introduction of the modern French Cancan. The history of Moulin Rouge dates back to 1889 when it was founded by Charles Zidler and Joseph Oller, who wished to create a world-class venue for entertainment. Today, Moulin Rouge is synonymous with the best of Parisian Cabaret and has patrons from across the world. The show has a talented and stunningly beautiful cast of over 80 performers who sing, dance, and perform crazy feats to entertain you! It is over the top and not at all apologetic about all the glitz, glamour and fun, it’s one endless extravaganza of beauty and talent.
What to expect when visiting the Moulin Rouge
The Moulin Rouge has two shows – 9 PM & 11 PM – that run for almost two hours each. The venue has seating across multiple level, each of which have excellent views of the wide stage. The seating plan is made on the day of the show and you will be seated by the Maître d’ on your arrival. It is suggested to arrive at least half hour prior to the show.
Show & Dinner
The Dinner show starts at 7:00 PM, and ends with the 9 PM show at around 11 PM. Here are your options for the menu –
The Mistinguett Menu is a three course meal with two variants for each course. Here is what you can choose –
- Appetizer - Saku Tuna in Tataki, Tangy Beetroot Chutney, Multicolored Beetroot Salad/ Rabbit Terrine with Fresh Herbs in Aspic, Quenelle of Gherkins Pesto
- Main Course - Fillet of Hake Fish Cooked on its Skin, Black rice, Aged Parmesan Emulsion/ Breast of Farm Chicken Roasted with Lemon, Mixed Seasonal Vegetables, Tarragon Jus
- Dessert - Pear Charlotte, Bavarian Cream with Vanilla/ Saint Honoré Cake, Caramelized Pecan Nuts
You will also be served a select half bottle of champagne that goes perfectly with your meal.
Belle Epoque Menu
The Belle Epoque Menu is a three course meal that offers a premium culinary experience with exotic ingredients. You can enjoy atleast two variants for each course and here is what you can choose –
- Appetizer - Game and Foie Gras Pie, Burgundy Truffles, Onion Stewed with Port, Paris Mushrooms, Curly Endive Salad with Truffles/ Smoked Salmon Red Label from Fumaison, Taramasalata of Tobiko, Country Bread Toast/ Organic Perfect Egg, Pompadour Potato Siphon, Smoked Haddock, Thin Wafer of Puffed Rice, Watercress
- Main Course - Sea-Bass with Seaweed, Seashells Emulsion, Mashed Potatoes, Razor Clam/ Fillet of Beef Pan Fried with Clarified Butter, Confit Potato Stuffed with Veal Trotter, Mixed Winter Vegetables with Truffles
- Dessert - Rhum Baba Infused with Passion Berry, Diced Exotic Fruits with Coriander, Coconut Custard/ Praline Cake as a Rock, Gianduja Chocolate and Caramelized Hazelnut Mouse
You will be served half a bottle of champagne that perfectly pairs with your delicious meal.
Address - 82, Bd De Clichy 75018 Paris Montmartre
Getting to Moulin Rouge Using Public Transportation in Paris
By Metro –
- Line 2 – Blanche (Moulin Rouge is 60m away)
- Line 2 & 13 – Place de Clichy (Moulin Rouge is 250m away)
By Bus –
The nearest bus stop is Blanche (Bus nos – 30, 54, N01) and it is 80m away from Moulin Rouge. The other bus stations nearby are –
- Bus 95 – Clichy-Caulaincourt
- Bus 30, 54, 74 – Place de Clichy
By Car –
The nearest car parking is the paid parking lot Interparking France at 12 Rue Forest, 75018 Paris. Moulin Rouge is 300m away from the parking lot.
Opening Hours & Show Timings
- Dinner Show – 7:00 PM
- Show – 9:00 PM
- Show – 11:00 PM
Rules & Regulations
- The seating is decided upon by the room director and is based on the selected package. Your seating is not determined by your time of arrival.
- Smart dressing is required, the fancier the better. City shoes and Classic Jeans are allowed but not preferred, and you will not be allowed entry in sportswear, beachwear and tank tops.
- Photography is not allowed, you can pick up a souvenir at the end of the show.
- There is no age restriction on children but it is advisable to bring children aged 6 years and above.